The second meeting for ISDC in 2020 will be held virtually through five sessions commencing on 21 October and concluding on 16 November. All sessions will last for approximately 90 to 120 minutes. Two sessions will be private ISDC working meetings and three sessions will include invited CGIAR guests. Below outlines the themes and outcomes of each session.
The three main outcomes of this meeting are to:
- Develop a feedback consensus on the second draft of the One CGIAR Research and Innovation Strategy
- Provide advice to One CGIAR on operationalizing the Quality of Research for Development (Qo4RD) for future research initiatives
- Offer the System Office comments on the draft research initiative proposal template.
The schedule of sessions include the following and are subject to change:
Session 1: Oct 21, 14:00-16:00 CET
- Session Theme: ISDC’s advisory services and Executive Management Team (EMT) for One CGIAR
- Expected Outcomes: Understanding of EMT’s expectations for ISDC and deliverables needed for One CGIAR reform.
Session 2: Oct 28, 12:30-14:00 CET
- Session Theme (closed ISDC working session): Research & Innovation Strategy, strategy proposal template, and QoR4D operationalization
- Expected Outcomes: Finalize Strategy feedback, discuss the initiative proposal, and QoR4D preparation for meeting with Science Leaders.
Session 3: Nov 3, 12:00-14:00 CET
- Session Theme: Operationalizing Quality of Research for Development (QoR4D)
- Expected Outcomes: Co-designing with Science Leaders the operational aspects of the QoR4D framework for One CGIAR research project proposal assessment.
Session 4: Nov 12, 12:30-14:00 CET
- Session Theme (closed ISDC working session): Guidance for QoR4D operationalization
- Expected Outcomes: Creating guidance for CGIAR leadership and next steps.
Session 5: Nov 16, 12:00-13:30 CET
- Session Theme: Advice from Semi-Annual meeting
- Expected Outcomes: Feedback and discussion of QoR4D operationalization for One CGIAR research project proposal assessment.